THE TOP 5 WISHES FOR KITCHENS FOR 2021
November 27, 2020
Ensure you’re right on trend with the top 5 kitchen elements for 2021.
- Top of the list is a boiling water tap. This has become one of the most sophisticated gadgets in the modern kitchen, dispensing not just boiling, hot and cold water, but also chilled, filtered, drinking water, meaning that large bulky American style fridge freezers are less popular and no longer required. The boiling water tap, and KI’s favoured one is the Quooker Cube, is not just extremely convenient but is also more energy efficient and sustainable so no need to buy bottled drinking water.
- With the continued love of cooking programmes on TV, such as Masterchef and Great British Bake Off, the steam oven is big on clients’ wishlists. Providing quick cooking with added moisture will ensure baking and other oven dishes are transformed.
- The kitchen is so much more than just the place to prepare food today and as the centre for family life, for entertaining and for living and working, install a drinks fridge in the kitchen to ensure drinks are readily available at exactly the right temperature and to hand. Good quality drinks fridges have separate areas for chilled or ambient drinks so provide the perfect drinks storage.
- Larder storage is an essential part of any modern kitchen. This doesn’t need to be a huge walk-in area but in-built larder storage can come in many different guises, with drawers, in-built lighting, places to store food mixers and kitchen gadgets, door storage and numerous pull out options. And these can even be hidden behind pocket doors which slide into the wall so are accessible when needed.
- Get rid of kitchen odours and steam with a modern extractor. Gone are the days of bulky overhead extraction with options such as downdraft extraction, in-built light extraction, pop up extractors and much more, allowing the open plan kitchen to be really a complete living area.
These top 5 ensure the kitchen is the best room of the house, today and into the future.